Whose blog is this? Yes, who am I ... this question is amazingly difficult to answer, foolishly. My IT career can be read here on the blog under My IT History.
There is not much more to say. There will be very little private life here, so my professional career will be in a nutshell:
- After the Abi (and a rather stupid episode at the Bundeswehr - but that is another story) I studied computer science at the University of Passau
- Degree with diploma
- Since I had little or no BaFöG and my parents were not able to contribute much, I started to work while I was studying
- Apart from a few student jobs (for example at the computer discounter ESCOM - unfortunately broke meanwhile, but since I learned a lot) I was from 1995 as an IT consultant
- I have also made some certifications during this time: Sun Certified Trainer, Certified Java Programmer, LPI Certification, Certified C ++ Programmer, Certified Macro4 Trainer, etc. - I could presumably cover entire rooms with the receipt
- Customers of mine were among others: IBM, Sun, Dresdner Bank, Deutsche Bank, HP, Unilog Integrata, Ixos Training, Goethe Institute ...
- I have specialized in the technologies Linux / Unix and Java. Therefore also the certifications in the areas
- I did Java training, especially for SUN and Integrata, from Beginner to Advanced Java Programmer Certification Training
- It looked similar with Linux training, u.A. For IBM. From beginner training courses to advanced clustering and firewalling topics
- Of course there were also training courses in other areas around Unix: Perl, TCL / Tk and a few other exotics (Python was still really exotic: smirk :)
- The knowledge for the Schlulungen I have me in many, unfortunately usually quite small projects appropriated. There was a lot of small and medium-sized companies, for which I developed software. Or worked on larger projects.
- Since I often can not realize the projects very often, I was quickly pushed into the role of the project manager / manager. As contact for customers, as subcontractor, etc.
- Since I as a freelancer alone had hardly a chance to lead a large project or realize I have decided to work hard. In this case, I started as a project manager at Softlab
- There I was able to realize some major projects (well, at least bigger than that before). Among other things for MAN and BMW
- I wanted to gain more management experience and was then "sued" by Acronis. I started there as "Manager Training & Consulting EMEA". And had to build the training department there. First only for Germany, later for EMEA, then worldwide.
- The training management and the training management has then more or less moved to USA, which is why I became "Head of Engineering" at Holidayinsider.com. Unfortunately HRS has bought us and now there are Holidayinsider also no more
- I was then little more than a year Head of Technology at Simplesystem GmbH & Co Kg - but that was unfortunately not quite the correct
- the next job is already fixed, but I will only post here, when I started there: smile: